NAME: Jalen Harris
HOMETOWN: Gilbert, AZ
HIGH SCHOOL: Desert Ridge
GAMES WATCHED: Oregon (2021), BYU (2021), Mississippi State
- 2017 (1 game): 4 total tackles.
- 2018 (11 games): 27 total tackles, 4 for loss; 3 sacks; 1 forced fumble.
- 2019 (11 games): 25 total tackles, 6.5 for loss; 4 sacks; 1 pass deflection.
- 2020 (4 games): 18 total tackles, 2.5 for loss; 2 pass deflections.
- 2021 (12 games): 48 total tackles, 5.5 for loss; 3.5 sacks; 4 pass deflections; 1 forced fumble.
- 2022* (12 games): 51 total tackles, 7 for loss; 3 sacks; 3 pass deflections; 1 forced fumble.
Jalen is the son of former NFL LB Sean Harris, who played for three years for the Wildcats and seven seasons in the NFL with Chicago and Indianapolis. Mom Cha-Ron Harris played basketball at Arizona for two years. Jalen majored in Criminal Justice Studies and is currently a non-degree seeking graduate. Played basketball in high school. Holds his high school’s record with 30 sacks. Finished as the 6th ranked player in the state of Arizona.
- Explosiveness: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Pass Rush Plan: 40 (Below Average)
- First Step: 40 (Below Average)
- Strength/Power: 50 (Average)
- Run Defense: 30 (Poor)
- Motor: 60 (Above Average)
- Tackling/Pursuit: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Bend: 30 (Poor)
- Frame: 60 (Above Average)
- Versatility: 55 (Above Average)
- Red Flags: 10/10
- Ceiling: 50 (Average)
Harris is a former three star recruit that is finishing up a long career at Arizona. Harris is not the most explosive EDGE rusher in his class. He has a slow get off and it makes it hard for him to get the jump on offensive linemen. When it comes to having a pass rush plan there is not much there. He feels like he has a limited arsenal that includes a bull rush and maybe a rip. Doesn’t have enough of a first step or enough speed to consistently beat offensive linemen around the edge. Has a really high motor, chases down plays from behind. Really strong tackler, when he does get his arms around you there isn’t much you can do. Run defense is not the greatest. Consistently struggles to stack and shed. Cannot get off blocks to save his life at times. When pursuing he is slower and does most of his pursuing from behind. His bend is severely lacking. At the point of attack he goes in too high and upright. Projects best as a 3-4 stand up EDGE. Can drop into coverage if need be.