NAME: Keshawn Banks
SCHOOL: San Diego State
HOMETOWN: Rio Rancho, NM
HIGH SCHOOL: Rio Rancho
GAMES WATCHED: Arizona, Utah, Nevada
- 2018 (12 games): 7 tackles, 1 for loss.
- 2019 (13 games): 13 starts. 41 tackles, 13.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks, and 1 pass deflection.
- 2020 (7 games): 7 starts. 14 tackles, 5 for loss, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery.
- 2021 (14 games): 14 starts. 35 tackles, 11 for loss, 5 sacks, and 2 pass deflections.
- Explosiveness: 40 (Below Average)
- Pass Rush Plan: 30 (Poor)
- First Step: 20 (Not NFL Caliber)
- Strength/Power: 40 (Below Average)
- Run Defense: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Motor: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Tackling/Pursuit: 40 (Below Average)
- Bend: 30 (Poor)
- Frame: 50 (Average)
- Versatility: 50 (Average)
4 year contributor coming back for his extra year of eligibility in 2022. Steady player with 9.5 career sacks, all in his two seasons with a full schedule as a starter. 2021 All-Mountain West second team. More of a base end than a true pass rusher, as he lacks bend or a developed pass rush plan against tackles. Impactful as a run defender thanks to his ability to disengage with one arm to make a tackle at the line. Average athlete in space who keeps ball-carriers honest. Frequently ends up driven back or onto the ground by higher-end competition, especially against Pac-12 opponents in 2021. Often one of the last players off the snap, which gives tackles time to set. Does take advantage of this at times with a crossover step-type move. Inside/outside versatility given his experience lined up over guards at SDSU. Should be a shoo-in for an alternate league, but could first receive a minicamp invite if he takes a step forward this season.