NAME: Seth Benson
HOMETOWN: Sioux Falls, SD
HIGH SCHOOL: Washington
GAMES WATCHED: Indiana, Penn State, Michigan
- 2018 (3 games): No stats recorded.
- 2019 (13 games): 11 tackles.
- 2020 (7 games): 7 starts. 47 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 sacks.
- 2021 (14 games): 14 starts. 105 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 2 sacks, 1 INT, and 3 pass deflections.
- Range: 55 (Above Average)
- Football IQ: 60 (Above Average)
- Run Defense: 55 (Above Average)
- Tackling: 50 (Average)
- Pass Coverage: 60 (Above Average)
- Motor: 60 (Above Average)
- Block Shedding: 65 (Star)
- Pass Rush/Blitz: 40 (Below Average)
- Versatility: 55 (Above Average)
- Frame: 40 (Below Average)
Least heralded name of the Hawkeye linebackers, with Jack Campbell and Jestin Jacobs soaking up most of the draftnik attention. Mostly lined up at WILL in Iowa’s 3-4, but has experience at MIKE as well. A bit undersized at 6’0”, 229, which sometimes shows up when trying to finish tackles. Thought for a moment he’d be a MIKE in the NFL because of how natural he looks as a run defender from the box, but he definitely has the change of direction and quicks to stick at WILL. Instincts fail him far less frequently than his finishing ability does, and he still had over 100 tackles in 2021. Size may hamper pro projection but should get drafted if I had to guess today. Want to see some more pass rush reps in 2022. Day 3 guy for now who could climb with another productive season. Imagine he’ll be on all-star radars.