NAME: Bralen Trahan
HOMETOWN: Lafayette, LA
HIGH SCHOOL: Acadiana
GAMES WATCHED: Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Liberty
- 2017 (11 games): 5 tackles and 1 INT.
- 2018 (4 games): 8 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 INT, and 1 forced fumble.
- 2019 (14 games): 7 starts. 35 tackles, 1 for loss, 2 INT, and 2 pass deflections.
- 2020 (11 games): 4 starts. 48 tackles, 2.5 for loss, 4 INT, 9 pass deflections, and 1 TD.
- 2021 (14 games): 12 starts. 40 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 INT, 2 pass deflections, and 1 fumble recovery.
- Range: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Instincts: 55 (Above Average)
- Tackling: 30 (Poor)
- Run Support: 40 (Below Average)
- Change of Direction: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Man Coverage: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Zone Coverage: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Versatility: 40 (Below Average)
- Frame: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Physicality: 30 (Poor Average)
Primarily a Cover 2 deep half safety or Cover 1 deep man who flexed into the box or slot on occasion. Wasn’t a consistent starter during his breakout season in 2020, but seems to have a strong grip on a starting job heading into 2022. Slender frame from his background as a corner probably will prevent him from playing anything but deep halves as a pro. Instinctive player who really impressed me with his ability to stick to responsibilities against the triple option of Georgia Southern. Doesn’t have the mass to consistently impact the game as a tackler. Don’t mind him as a cover guy when the action stays in front of him, but he lacks the top-end speed to keep up with deep threat receivers. Likely a career special teamer if he cracks a roster, but could shine in that role thanks to plus instincts.