NAME: Kavosiey Smoke
HOMETOWN: Wetumpka, AL
HIGH SCHOOL: Wetumpka
GAMES WATCHED: Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee
- 2018 (1 game): 4 attempts for 45 yards (11.3 YPC) and 1 TD with a long of 37.
- 2019 (13 games): 101 attempts for 616 yards (6.1 YPC) and 6 TDs with a long of 70. 2 receptions for 26 yards.
- 2020 (7 games): 47 attempts for 229 yards (4.9 YPC) and 1 TD with a long of 35. 5 receptions for 25 yards.
- 2021 (12 games): 81 attempts for 416 yards (5.1 YPC) and 4 TDs with a long of 32. 1 reception for 17 yards. 1 fumble.
- Creativity: 40 (Below Average)
- Vision: 50 (Average)
- Contact Balance: 40 (Below Average)
- Pass Catching: 40 (Below Average)
- Long Speed: 60 (Above Average)
- Power: 40 (Below Average)
- Explosiveness: 55 (Above Average)
- Blocking: 30 (Poor)
- Durability: 40 (Below Average)
- Ball Security: 55 (Above Average)
Rotational big-play back who has struggled a bit with injuries while at Kentucky – broken rib in 2020 and missed time during preseason camp in 2021. Coaches have praised his receiving ability but only 8 career receptions due to the structure of Kentucky’s offense. Despite the reputation as a big-play threat, isn’t an overly creative runner. Sees holes well and gets as many yards as the defense gives him. Rarely advances beyond the point of first contact. Has the explosiveness and long speed to bust plays open when given the opportunity. Needs to stay healthy in 2022 and contribute in a big way to elevate his reputation to that of a draftable prospect. Could benefit from more touches this year if Chris Rodriguez Jr. is suspended for an extended period.