NAME: Luke Wypler
SCHOOL: Ohio State
HOMETOWN: Montvale, NJ
HIGH SCHOOL: St. Joseph Regional
GAMES WATCHED: Oregon, Indiana, Purdue
- 2020 (3 games): No stats recorded.
- 2021 (13 games): 13 starts with 8 penalties and 8 pressures allowed.
- Pass Protection: 50 (Average)
- Anchor: 60 (Above Average)
- Hand Placement: 55 (Above Average)
- Balance: 55 (Above Average)
- Power: 50 (Average)
- Pulling Ability: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Run Blocking: 55 (Above Average)
- Feet: 65 (Star)
- Versatility: 40 (Below Average)
- Frame: 50 (Average)
Center who stepped in to start 13 games in 2021 following Josh Myers’ departure for the NFL. Solid, if not remarkable, player who rarely loses reps but also rarely wins them in convincing fashion. Limited range as a run blocker, prefers to double team defensive linemen rather than climb to the second level and take on linebackers. Light on his feet in short areas with a good ability to mirror defenders at the line of scrimmage. Bit of a waist bender, especially in space, which often negates his plus footwork. No experience playing guard and very little experience as a puller, which could hinder pro projection. Lacks either the power or the finishing mentality to deliver highlight-reel type blocks. Could land on more radars with another good season in 2022, but as of now seems like a likely senior returnee or Day 3 pick if he declares.