NAME: Isaiah Land
SCHOOL: Florida A&M
HEIGHT: 6’3 1/2″
HOMETOWN: Buffalo, NY
HIGH SCHOOL: Grayson
- 2018: Redshirted.
- 2019 (9 games): 23 tackles, 5 for loss, 2 sacks, 2 passes defensed, and 1 interception.
- 2020: Season cancelled due to COVID-19.
- 2021 (12 games): 43 tackles, 25.5 for loss, 19 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 3 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery.
- 2022 (8 games): 23 tackles, 12 for loss, 8 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery.
- Explosiveness: 60 (Above Average)
- Pass Rush Plan: 50 (Average)
- First Step: 60 (Above Average)
- Strength/Power: 55 (Above Average)
- Run Defense: 50 (Average)
- Motor: 65 (Star)
- Tackling/Pursuit: 50 (Average)
- Bend: 50 (Average)
- Frame: 50 (Average)
- Versatility: 45 (Fringe Average)
Isaiah Land is a really fun study. He is a legit pass rusher… but he plays so wide out, and I don’t think a team will want him to rush from that wide. However, he is too light to rush straight up, at least…he was. Land weighed in at 225 at the Senior Bowl and got up to 236 by his pro day, an important factor in his evaluations. If he wants to stay at EDGE, he will have to stay at this weight during the season. At the Senior Bowl, on the last practice day, he was dropped back into the LB position, which is where he would play at his lower weight. Land is incredibly explosive and is never beaten off the snap. The only two fundamental gaps in his game are a lack of a secondary move mid-play and over-commitment in the run game. As Land plays more in the NFL, his instincts will improve with higher-level coaching than at FAMU. If he does switch to full-time linebacker, his coverage skills will be a problem; since he has always been an EDGE, he doesn’t have much experience dropping back into coverage. Land is a work in progress with sky-high potential in the NFL, and it is just a matter of where a team is willing to take a chance on him.
One thought on “Isaiah Land Scouting Report”