NAME: Dee Winters
HOMETOWN: Brenham, TX
HIGH SCHOOL: Burton
- 2019 (8 games): 28 tackles, 4.5 for loss, 2 sacks, and 1 pass defensed.
- 2020 (10 games): 65 tackles, 9.5 for loss, 2 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 touchdown.
- 2021 (12 games): 74 tackles, 5 for loss, 1 sack, 2 passes defensed, and 2 interceptions.
- 2022 (15 games): 79 tackles, 14.5 for loss, 7.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 touchdown.
- Range: 65 (Star)
- Football IQ: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Run Defense: 55 (Above Average)
- Tackling: 60 (Above Average)
- Coverage: 60 (Above Average)
- Motor: 60 (Above Average)
- Block Shedding: 55 (Above Average)
- Pass Rush: 60 (Above Average)
- Versatility: 55 (Above Average)
- Frame: 55 (Above Average)
Dee Winters has RANGE FOR DAYS. The athletic TCU linebacker will catch you no matter where on the field he is. He doesn’t have the highest football IQ, but his makeup speed can cover for his mistakes. He makes a lot of errors when reading gaps, which causes him to take himself out of the play more than once a game. A sure tackler combined with the range and make-up speed makes him a legit run-game threat. He is better in zone than in man and likes to float more than stick on a guy. He has a good build and no concerns in that department. He is good enough when he gets the opportunity to pass rush, but he’s not going to consistently to the quarterback. Winters gets off blocks well and makes plays. He has a “never give up” motor and can run for days. He looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl when he did play. Winters may go higher than he probably should in a class with very few true off-ball linebackers. He played in a bizarre defense, so he might take some time to adjust to NFL defensive schemes.