NAME: Kenderick Duncan
HOMETOWN: Stockbridge, GA
HIGH SCHOOL: Stockbridge
GAMES WATCHED: Mississippi, Boston College, Clemson
- 2018 (13 games at Georgia Southern): 4 starts. 39 tackles, 2 INT, 2 pass deflections, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery.
- 2019 (13 games at Georgia Southern): 13 starts. 79 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 2 INT, 8 pass deflections, and 1 forced fumble.
- 2020 (6 games at Georgia Southern): 5 starts. 20 tackles, 2 INT, and 4 pass deflections.
- 2021 (12 games): 12 starts. 76 tackles, 4 for loss, 1 sack, 1 INT, and 4 pass deflections.
- Range: 50 (Average)
- Instincts: 55 (Above Average)
- Tackling: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Run Support: 60 (Above Average)
- Change of Direction: 30 (Poor)
- Man Coverage: 40 (Below Average)
- Zone Coverage: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Versatility: 55 (Above Average)
- Frame: 60 (Above Average)
- Physicality: 50 (Average)
Consistent all-conference level player who’s been on the radar since last summer ahead of his transfer to Louisville. Has lined up in virtually every alignment imaginable and frame suggests he could have some potential as a dime backer in the NFL. Not a horrible straight line athlete, but struggles to change directions quickly and smoothly, which gets him in trouble when his instincts mislead him. Takes some bad angles here and there, which forces him to reach for ankle tackles rather than meeting a ball carrier head on. Enthusiastic run defender who consistently makes an impact when given space. 2022 roster listing suggests he’s slimmed down from the 225 range to 206, perhaps to try to squeeze a bit more lateral agility out of his frame. Worry about how that will affect his block shedding ability, which was already not a premier trait of his. Probably gets drafted if I had to guess right now, but might end up a UDFA if teams don’t think he can add value on special teams.
One thought on “Kenderick Duncan Summer Scouting Report”