NAME: Isheem Young
HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA
HIGH SCHOOL: Imhotep
GAMES WATCHED: Northern Iowa, Oklahoma State, Texas
- 2020 (12 games at Iowa State): 9 starts. 54 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 INT, 3 pass deflections, and 3 forced fumbles.
- 2021 (12 games at Iowa State): 12 starts. 55 tackles, 0.5 for loss, 2 INT, 2 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery.
- Range: 50 (Average)
- Instincts: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Tackling: 60 (Above Average)
- Run Support: 60 (Above Average)
- Change of Direction: 55 (Above Average)
- Man Coverage: 40 (Below Average)
- Zone Coverage: 40 (Below Average)
- Versatility: 60 (Above Average)
- Frame: 50 (Average)
- Physicality: 60 (Above Average)
Iowa State transfer who has started 21 games primarily at the Cyclones’ middle safety spot, which requires a blend of traditional linebacker and safety qualities. Has a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none feel to him. Best as a run support safety when he gets the chance to get going downhill from his deep spot. Keeps his eyes on the QB in coverage, which is good until his assignment slinks behind him to get open. Impact comes and goes at times despite accolades: he walks a thin line between getting picked on and baiting QBs into bad decisions. Interested to see how his game evolves in a more traditional defense – does he start at strong safety, or does Mississippi use him as a fifth DB? Versatility should get him drafted if he declares, in my opinion. Would like to see more consistency in coverage to take the grade higher.