NAME: KJ Henry
HOMETOWN: Winston-Salem, NC
HIGH SCHOOL: West Forsyth
Father Keith is a former Arena Football pro and special teams coordinator and position coach for Ohio, Wake Forest, Charlotte, and Western Carolina, among others. Sports communication graduate who added a master’s in athletic leadership in 2021. Hosted an NIL autograph event with teammates to raise funds for his father’s kidney transplant in March. Heralded by teammates such as Myles Murphy as the leader of the defensive line room. Wants to become a coach or broadcaster after retirement.
GAMES WATCHED: North Carolina State, Boston College, Wake Forest
- 2018 (4 games): 6 tackles, 2 for loss.
- 2019 (15 games): 23 tackles, 4.5 for loss, 2 sacks, and 3 pass deflections.
- 2020 (12 games): 6 starts. 23 tackles, 6 for loss, 3.5 sacks, 2 pass deflections, and 1 fumble recovery.
- 2021 (13 games): 4 starts. 21 tackles, 6.5 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery.
- Explosiveness: 55 (Above Average)
- Pass Rush Plan: 40 (Below Average)
- First Step: 55 (Above Average)
- Strength/Power: 50 (Average)
- Run Defense: 55 (Above Average)
- Motor: 70 (Star)
- Tackling/Pursuit: 55 (Above Average)
- Bend: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Frame: 45 (Fringe Average)
- Versatility: 40 (Below Average)
Former 5 star recruit who has gotten caught up in the endless depth of the Clemson defensive line. Has never been much more than a rotational player, which will likely also be his role as a pro. Stout run defender considering slightly below average weight profile thanks to high level effort. Wins surprisingly often as a pass rusher despite not having much in the toolbox – inclined to believe he has above average strength because he just kind of slips through blockers after a few seconds of driving his legs. Causes more confusion when RBs and TEs drive him back in protection, which suggests he has below average strength. Generally effective on stunts thanks to a nice eurostep move, a carryover from his standout basketball days from high school. Clemson seems to have confidence in his movement abilities considering he drops into coverage on occasion. Profiles as a fringe average to average 4-3 base end or designated pass rusher whose effort will probably will him into 5-7 sacks a season if he hits his ceiling.